Camp Hanes Trip

In the morning on Thursday the 6th grade left for Camp Hanes, for 1 night. We knew that there was a hurricane coming up our way. We had to get on a charter bus and go to where the camp was located, king NC. The bus ride was about 2 hours till we would get there. Everyone was talking and watching a movie on the bus. Some people would think it was fun on the bus and some didn’t think that. When we stepped off the bus and got our bags and brought them into the gym.

We did so many fun things. Then we listened to all the counselors tell us their names and the rules about camp. After that we ate lunch. The 6th graders did adventures activities while we were in camp Hanes. My favorites were the hike and canoeing. Both of them were very fun. The hike had a very pretty view when we got to the top it was about 1.5 miles up and back down. When we get to a few steep parts in the hike we used a rope. When my group did the canoeing we got in partners of 2 or 3. Then we learned how to paddle with the ore and how we should get in the canoe. Never  stand up in the canoe. 

One thing I am proud of is sleeping in a cabin with 16-20 people every once in a while someone gets up, coughs, sneezes or shifts around. But hopefully everyone got a bit of sleep at night. We had to get up at around 6:30-6:50 to eat breakfast. After breakfast we got a small time to play on the fields or in the airnasium. After that we went to the gym and played fun games in groups. Some we needed to work together, some we played for fun. When we finished doing that the buses arrived we loaded up our stuff and unfortunately it was raining. Once we loaded everything on the bus we got on and started our ride back. Camp Hanes was very fun and I would love to go again. It had so many fun things we did.

2 thoughts on “Camp Hanes Trip